A complete Physical Exam twice a year is an important first step to make sure your pet has a long healthy life. The reasons are obvious:
- Pets age much faster than we do. One “human year” equals four to seven “animal years”
- Pets can’t talk and tell us how they feel
- Pets are genetically programmed to “mask” illness and injury
Your pet needs a comprehensive physical examination twice yearly even when he or she appears healthy. Our wellness appointment at the Adobe Pet Hospital will typically involve the following:
- A thorough doctor’s examination of all your pet’s body systems with extra attention paid to any problem areas.
- A vaccine protocol specifically tailored for your pet based on his or her age, breed, health issues, and lifestyle.
- A discussion of heartworm, flea, and intestinal parasite prevention to protect your pet and your family.
- Wellness Laboratory Testing (blood sample) and Intestinal Parasite Screen (fecal sample) analyzed by a certified lab.
- A thorough discussion of any treatments, procedures or medications needed to keep your pet healthy and comfortable.
- Answering any questions you or your family might have about the health, diet, behavior, care, or comfort of your furry family member.
At the Adobe Pet Hospital we strive to provide the most comprehensive medical care available in a warm and caring environment. We will take the time to answer any questions you have and make sure you have a thorough understanding of your pet’s health.
We follow the vaccine guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) as well as UC Davis’, School of Veterinary Medicine. All vaccinations are custom tailored to your pet’s individual needs and lifestyle.