Dedicated to Caring for Pets Who are Part of the Family
The Adobe Pet Hospital is unlike any other pet hospital in many ways. First and foremost is our highly trained, dedicated and caring staff of animal lovers! All the technology in the world can’t take the place of a reassuring word, hug or a pat on the head for your pet.
Our 3:1 staff to patient ratio is rarely seen in pet hospitals and is just one of the reasons we have an unmatched safety record when it comes to anesthesia and surgery.
We promise the following:
- Uncompromising commitment to patient comfort and safety
- Aggressive, pro-active pain management protocols, before, during and after surgeries as well as at home
- Kindness and compassion for our patients and their families
- Adherence to the highest standards set by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
Here are just some of the reasons the Adobe Pet Hospital has been voted the “Best of the Best” 13 times:
- Taking the time to thoroughly examine your pet and explain our findings. Appointments scheduled for a minimum of 20 minutes
- Making sure you are informed and educated regarding your pet’s health status to help you make the best medical decisions for your pet
- Unmatched Wellness and Geriatric care – our Junior and Senior Wellness Blood Panels have been published twice in a national veterinary journal as examples of “Best Medicine” for other hospitals
- Ultrasound examinations performed by Dr. Mark Matteucci, one of only approximately 300 radiologists worldwide certified by the American College of Veterinary Radiology (ACVR), thus assuring competency in ultrasound diagnosis and ultrasound guided tissue sampling (biopsy)
- Individualized vaccination schedules custom tailored to your pet’s age, health status, risk and lifestyle in accordance with AVMA, AAHA and UC Davis guidelines
- Intestinal Parasite, Heartworm and Flea Prevention – we protect the pet AND the family from “zoonotic” (pet to human) parasites
- Hospital certified by American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) with their highest certification (less than 14% of veterinary practices in the US qualify)
- In addition to AAHA we are members of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA), American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP), American Heartworm Society, Veterinary Surgical Laser Society and House Rabbit Society
Surgical and dental procedures at the Adobe Pet Hospital are also special and unique:
- Dedicated surgery team comprised of your doctor, a licensed RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician) and a nurse who are with your pet throughout the entire day
- Pre-anesthetic blood panel, ECG, heart and lung monitoring, IV catheter and fluids for all surgery patients under gas anesthesia
- Complete in-house laboratory including Idexx LaserCyte® Hematology Analyzers for accurate CBC’s and Blood Gas analysis
- Sevoflurane and Isoflurane gas anesthesia with special adaptors for even the smallest patients
- Warmed surgery table and warmed post-op blankets in recovery
- Dental procedures performed to the highest standards set by AAHA. All dental cleanings done under inhalant gas anesthesia with pre-op blood workup, EKG, IV catheter and fluids, charting, ultrasonic scaling, polishing, fluoride and sealant treatments and dental X-rays if needed
- High speed dental drill with fiber optic light, nerve blocks and aggressive post op pain control for extractions
- SuperPulse CO2 Laser Surgery since March 2000 (1st in the Tri-Valley) - trained at UC Davis in Advanced Laser Surgery / Otoscopy
- Video-Otoscopy with Laser for the treatment of chronic ear infections and surgical procedures involving the ear canal and middle ear
The Adobe Pet Hospital maintains a close association with the best Board Certified Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Surgery Specialists in the Bay Area. We are always happy to arrange for procedures and consultations at our office or to assist you with a referral should your pet require specialized care.
We are proud to have been serving the Tri-Valley since 1980
- Our 3:1 staff-to-patient ratio is just one of the reasons we have an unmatched safety record when it comes to anesthesia and surgery.
- Appointments are scheduled for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- We offer individualized vaccination schedules custom-tailored to your pet’s age, health status, risk and lifestyle in accordance with AVMA, AAHA and UC Davis guidelines.
- Adobe Pet Hospital is certified by American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) with their highest certification (less than 14% of veterinary practices in the US qualify).