Animals are susceptible to hundreds of skin disorders and many of these diseases and infectious parasites display very similar symptoms. It takes years of experience and training to recognize the subtle differences and properly diagnose and treat these conditions.
At the Adobe Pet Hospital we diagnose and treat a wide variety of diseases and conditions affecting the skin including:
- Infectious and noninfectious skin diseases
- Hormone induced skin diseases (Hypothyroidism, Cushing’s Disease and others)
- Parasitic skin diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- Allergy and allergy-induced skin diseases (food, contact and inhalant allergies)
- Skin manifestations of systemic disease (including internal malignancy)
- Cancer of the skin, cysts and other tumors
- Chronic ear infections
- Drug eruptions
- Scaling disorders
- Hair loss
If your pet has a skin condition please call and schedule and examination and evaluation. Pertinent records from your previous veterinarian along with previous blood work and diagnostics should brought with you, of faxed ahead, if possible. It is a good idea to bring any bottles of shampoo, pills, and other medications that have been used to treat the skin disorder along with current medications that your pet is on for other conditions.